by Dean Gilbert
The California Department of Education has released the 2012 edition of the Science Safety Handbook for California Public Schools. Thanks to the efforts of representatives from various state agencies, educational and research institutions, the Science Safety Handbook, available in PDF format, has been thoroughly edited to provide updated information on:
- state and federal legislation affecting science instruction,
- first aid issues in the classroom,
- general laboratory safety precautions,
- safety in the biology, chemistry and physics laboratories,
- legal citations, safety agreements, laboratory safety checklists and tests, field trip permission forms, plus many other ancillary support documents.
An added feature in this 2012 edition is a chapter devoted entirely to Safety in the Elementary Science Classroom. (more…)